MEMBERSHIP THROUGH THE EXECUTIVE ROUTE
(a) Minimum of Bachelor’s degree/HND or its equivalent.
(b) Minimum of ten (10) years post graduation experience in HR/Admin practice, three (3) of which must be at Senior Management/Executive level OR in a cross functional management role in a structured/recognized Organisation as listed in categories below:
• Public Sector including MDAs, Ministries, Local Government, Education, etc
• Oil and Gas
• Media & Advertising
• Banking & Insurance,
• Professional Institutes and
• *Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
Note: The categories above include Multi-national companies, Publicly quoted companies, Private companies in all sectors, etc.
* Central Bank of Nigeria, NASME, etc define SMEs as ‘businesses with turnover of less than N100MM per annum and/ or less than 300 employees’. The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in a stand-alone definition defines an SME according to asset base and number of staff employed. The criteria are an asset base between N5 million and N500 million, and a staff strength between 11 and 300 employees’.
(c) Currently employed and occupying a position not less than Team Lead, Functional Lead, Senior Specialist, Senior HR Consultant, etc or its equivalent in the private sector or Grade Level 15 in the public sector.
(d) Record and evidence of successful completion of strategic projects in the management/development of Human Resource with ability to clearly communicate these achievements.
(e) Demonstrable cognate experience and competence in at least five (5) of the following core areas of Human Resource Management:
• Strategic Human Resource Management
• Resourcing and Talent Planning
• Integrated Performance Management System
• Total Rewards and Remuneration Management
• Employee Learning and Talent Development
• Organisational Development and Change Management
• Industrial and Employee Relations
• Employee Engagement
• Diversity and Inclusiveness
(f) Record of attendance at five (5) relevant Human Resource Management courses/programmes or other related Management training programmes in the last five years to ensure that the applicant appreciate the need for continuing professional development.
(g) Applicants who meet the above criteria (following assessment by the Institute and the approval of Leadership) would then be required to participate in a one day mandatory programme titled: “Human Resource Management Master Class” as part of the application process.
(h) Successful applicants shall be inducted as Full Members of the Institute.
Click here to apply and register. Click here for the online application process
For further information contact:
Chartered Institute of Personnel Management
CIPM House, CIPM Avenue, Alausa-Ikeja, Lagos
Tel: 08023385269, 08105588421