Foundation I is the starting point for holders of WASSCE/NECO/GCE Ordinary Level.
They must however possess the minimum entry requirements.
- Holders of OND/NCE and or its equivalent in the Social Sciences, Humanities and Management courses shall begin from Foundation II.
- Holders of Bachelor’s Degree/HND in the Social Sciences, Humanities and Management courses shall begin from Intermediate II.
- Holders of Bachelor’s Degree/HND in other disciplines shall begin from Intermediate I
- Candidates who are 30 years and above with a minimum of five (5) credits which must include English Language and Mathematics at “O” level and its equivalent will start from Foundation II.
- Holders of higher degrees (e.g. M.A./M.Sc/MBA/M.Phil/Ph.D) in relevant disciplines shall begin from PE I.
- Holders of higher degrees in other disciplines shall begin from Intermediate II.
- Candidates who hold the Associate certificate, by Examination only, of other relevant and recognized Institutes with a Bachelor’s Degree/HND and possess the requisite five credits at Ordinary level shall begin from PE I upon submission and acceptance of the student’s transcript from such Institute.
Preparation for the Examination
Candidates are to prepare for examination by attending lectures at the Institute’s accredited study centers. In addition to lectures, students will find as provided in the syllabus recommended texts for each subject. Also candidates will be provided with customized study packs (for all subjects) at a fee upon registration for each diet of examination. The texts are by no means exhaustiveOn completion of the examination and the final professional requirements, the candidate shall attend the Induction ceremony during which he/she shall be admitted to the grade of Associate.