The CIPM, as part of her contribution to national development and enhancing the value proposition to Members, introduced a scheme tagged 'Ready to Market' for her young HR professionals who joined the Institute through examination route. The programme was launched in October 29, 2018.
Ready to Market (RTM) is designed to close the skill and experience gap of fresh graduates who have successfully completed CIPM professional examination and inducted as Associate Members but have no practical exposure in HR, making them unready for the labour market. The programme includes intensive hands-on competency based experiential learning on the 14 most important areas of HR values chain and on entrepreneurship, consultancy and soft skills training with HR thoughts leaders in the Industry. It also includes industry internship, peer assist session, project writing and defense.
RTM is professionally rewarding, with practical assignments/projects, continuous assessment and appraisals of trainees by partner organization's supervisors during the period of internship. It is expected that at the end of the programme, the participants would be ready to go to the labour market. Participants would be more employable, many could stand on their own as free lancers and on the long run, the outcome will contribute to sustainable national development.
The objective of RTM includes the following:
- Fast track time to competence of freshly certified HR professionals who joined the Institute through the examination route and may not have prior relevant formal HR experience and practitioner proficiency needed by employers of labour. The programme is to prepare them to be appealing to the 'market'
- Equip young HR practitioners to be able to hit the ground running as competent business enhancing entry level professionals that will add value to the organization
- Ground young HR practitioners on the ethics of the profession
- Improve the quality of the CIPM certified and licensed graduates
- Fulfil the CIPM mandate of promoting excellence in the acquisition and application of knowledge and skills by the HR practitioners
- Contribute to sustainable national development
In all, the programme will reduce time to competence for the participants and make them ready for the labour market.
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE PROGRAMME
The following qualifications are required for selection of participants:
- Must be an Associate Member of CIPM through examination route only.
- Must have valid Human Resource Practitioner License (HRPL).
- Must be financially up to date.
- Applicants must pass aptitude test and oral interview.
Name: Yinka Oyedere
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com